About the Project
“Prescribe is a niche medical prescription app which lets the patient buy his or
her medication according to the prescription given.”
“Prescribe lets the patient know the details of the prescribed medication, also help the patient in buying the medicine at thier ease within the budget.”
Timeline: 6 weeks
Project type: Classroom project
Tool: User Research, Personas, Ideation/Sketching, Storyboarding, Information Architecture/Site Mapping, Paper Prototyping, Wireframing, Hi-Fi Mockups
My Role: UX Designer
According to my purpose statement, The selected area of work should have a maximum number of social interactions happening. Social interaction is an exchange between two or more individuals and is a building block of society. Social interaction can be studied between groups of two (dyads), three (triads) or larger social groups. By interacting with one another, people design rules, institutions, and systems within which they seek to live.
The selected area of work was:
- NRI Hospital in Andhra Pradesh, India
- 108 Ambulances
Persona allows us to easily combine different characteristics, needs, and goals of different users. Having spoken to my target users, it was fairly easy to move down to understand their characteristics. Based on these characteristics, I designed a high-level provisional persona.
SCENARIO - PERSONA - PRODUCT - PERFORMACE
To observe the given scenarios, in my case it was the hospital and 108 ambulances and identify the personas in the given scenarios. Also, categorize those personas according to the task they performing, how they are performing with the given products in the given scenario. Also, to identify and categorize limitations and opportunities at product, service and system level.
After doing the primary research in the selected area of work which was a hospital and 108 ambulances, There were certain inferences which I came down to. Those inferences led me to the areas of opportunity, on which I can work on. The Pharmacy department of NRI hospital was the area, I was interested in as it provided me with the area of work which can test my expertise in the field of interaction design.
Pharmacies within hospitals differ considerably from community pharmacies. Some pharmacists in hospital pharmacies may have more complex clinical medication management issues whereas pharmacists in community pharmacies often have more complex business and customer relations issues.
To Understand the pattern of user activity and find out major lagging points in the activity done by the user. Identify weak points regarding Information, Decisions, Actions of the user, so as to understand user needs and wants and further classify them into must be the need and good to be needed in order to go further with the ideation part. This step helps in prioritizing the needs to fulfilled by the intervention.
Benchmarking establishes the starting point used to compare how your design iterations impact the user experience. Competitive analysis: When benchmarking, you might want to add a comparative component to better understand how well your site performs compared to your most important competitors.
- Patients may be more likely to retain information about their prescribed medications when the pharmacist-patient relationship becomes a 2-way conversation.
- A recent study published in the Journal of the American Pharmacists Association suggests that more interactive conversations between the pharmacist and patient can more than double the likelihood that the patient will understand how to take their medications properly.
PillPack - Online Pharmacy
- They sort and deliver your medication to your door, and work with your prescribers and insurance provider to make sure you always have the right medication at the right time.
- The healthcare professionals are dedicated to providing the highest quality of care when you need it most. For customers who actively take advantage of the support services offered by PillPack, benefits include easier medication management, and better, simpler pharmacy experience.
After doing the need prioritization with respect to the user and the area of opportunity. The next step was to chunk the information in a way that it helps you understand the user goals. Like the small task flows within the umbrella task flow can be used to identify individual activity flaws in order to work on design intervention of how to solve those flaws.