About the Project
Efficient Databasing and management of patients Information, from
on-site treatment to transit to hospitals.
To design service to increase the efficiency of knowledge transfer
b/w Paramedics and Hospitals
Timeline: 48 Hours
Project type: Classroom project
Tool: User Research, Personas, Ideation/Sketching, Storyboarding, Information Architecture/Site Mapping, Paper Prototyping, Wireframing, Hi-Fi Mockups
My Role: UX Designer
A paramedic is a healthcare professional, predominantly in the pre-hospital and out-of-hospital environment, and working mainly as part of emergency medical services (EMS), such as on an ambulance. The scope of practice of a paramedic will vary between countries, but generally includes autonomous decision making around the emergency care of patients.
Major tasks of a Paramedic:
- driving and staffing ambulances and other emergency vehicles
- responding to emergency 999 calls
- assessing patients, providing emergency treatment and making diagnoses
- monitoring and administering medication, pain relief and intravenous infusions
- dressing wounds/injuries
- using specialist equipment including ventilators and defibrillators
- reading ECG
- transporting patients to hospital and continuing to provide treatment while in transit
- providing hospital staff with patient information including condition and treatment
- helping provide patient care in hospitals and other medical facilities
- communicating effectively with patients and their relatives/friends
- teaching and training members of the public to use first aid techniques correctly
According to the chosen Task Flow for Intervention
NEED TO KNOW
- Tag patient
- Swiftly enter the information of patient profile.
- Assess patient injury.
- Quickly access different patient profiles.
- Categorize patient based on the degree of injury.
- Decide priority of patient transit on the basis of severity of the injury.
- Security equipment and gear.
- Address security, violence, and aggression.
- Humanizing patient experience.
- Quick setup of Relief camps.
- Quarantine if necessary.
NEED TO DO
- Live traffic update with simultaneous alternate routes.
- Current hospital vacancy status across the city.
- Live feed of patient vital signs.
- Spatial awareness about crisis zone.
- Weather information of crisis zone.
- Track Restocking and Prepping resources.
- Chatter across other paramedic teams.
To help paramedic ineffective assessment and reporting of the condition of the patient to the hospital.
To aid the task of admitting the patient to the hospital.
To effectively manage the database of the victims during the
The main objective was to speed up the process and solve the bottleneck problems in the Simple Triage And Rapid Treatment and to build better communication between the first responder and the hospital during mass casualty incidents.
Also, we aimed at effective data management and access to the information of each and every patient.
The concept included the redesigning of the triage tag as a part of the Simple Triage and Rapid Treatment, which has QR code containing the information about the respective victim.
The QR code contains the information of the victim which is filled by the Paramedic after scanning the code, this information can again be accessed by the doctor after the victim is being admitted for treatment.
It also included the designing of a digital interface in order to make the digital input of triage information user-friendly. Digitalising the input of information results in efficient management and sorting of information.
After doing the need prioritization with respect to the user and the area of opportunity. The next step was to chunk the information in a way that it helps you understand the user goals. Like the small task flows within the umbrella task flow can be used to identify individual activity flaws in order to work on design intervention of how to solve those flaws.